For Brian Head we used a combination of targeting mechanisms:
Device ID: We used captured device data from competing ski resorts from last year’s ski season. These are devices known to be on the slopes last year.
Retargeting: We retargeted past Brianhead.com website traffic. People already familiar with the brand are more likely to click and book a package.
Demographics: We targeted known skiers and outdoor sports enthusiasts with higher than average incomes.
Intent: We targeted people known to be shopping for ski vacations and/or Utah ski vacations.
We then delivered a multi-media strategy:
Native Ads: Ads that look like editorial and truly tell the story. In this case the story was how to enjoy the greatest snow on earth for less money.
Banner ads: These are top of mind awareness generators. Visible on all devices through websites and apps, we used a variety of messages and offers to keep Brian Head top of mind and earn clicks.
Video Ads: We delivered Brian Head’s video advertising message and offers through website and app channels in content that our target audience viewed.
Email: We used email to effectively park “can’t lose” offers in these people’s inboxes.
- 4.8 million targeted impressions delivered to known skiers and ski vacation shoppers
- 12,778 clicks delivered to the website
- An average .29% click through rate
- Emails had a 12% open rate and a 1.3% click through rate
- 293 Measured conversions at the site level
- The time on site: 1 minute 21 seconds