FACE IT. The current forecast for Social Media is “Fragmented with a strong chance of major boring s#*t.”
How do you win in social media when:
Everyone is an expert?
Everyone is an influencer?
Everyone produces better content?
Everyone knows better than you?
Worse, does your business’s social media feed looks like a steady stream of ads?
Will whatever your kids are looking at now really put Facebook out of business tomorrow?
Speaking of that… what exactly is the Metaverse?
SPOILER ALERT: You won’t please everyone.
Here are the Rules For Good Social Media Results:
1. Set a course, stay the course. We use message and theme sprints to stay on point with follow worthy content.
2. Make sure ALL content has value to the user: Entertain, inform, engage.
3. Know thyself. If you’re not funny, skip the jokes. If you’re not trendy, let the trends skip you.
4. 80/20 content rule applies: 80% sets tone and fills feeds. 20% gets attention and real engagement.
5. Have the courage to be disliked. Trying to please everyone is mediocrity.
6. Look at social media content as a function of your business and remove your ego.
7. Content should not look like ads.
8. The truth is in the data. Pay attention to metrics.